Si le lien ne fonctionne pas, contactez le webmestre pour l'en informer.
In education today, technology alone doesn't always lead to immediate success for students or institutions. In order to gauge the efficacy of educational technology, we need ways to measure the efficacy of educational practices in their own right. Through a better understanding of how learning takes place, we may work toward establishing best practices for students, educators, and institutions. These goals can be accomplished with learning analytics.
Learning Analytics: From Research to Practice updates this emerging field with the latest in theories, findings, strategies, and tools from across education and technological disciplines. Guiding readers through preparation, design, and examples of implementation, this pioneering reference clarifies LA methods as not mere data collection but sophisticated, systems-based analysis with practical applicability inside the classroom and in the larger world.
Case studies illustrate applications of LA throughout academic settings (e.g., intervention, advisement, technology design), and their resulting impact on pedagogy and learning. The goal is to bring greater efficiency and deeper engagement to individual students, learning communities, and educators, as chapters show diverse uses of learning analytics to:
- Enhance student and faculty performance.
- Improve student understanding of course material.
- Assess and attend to the needs of struggling learners.
- Improve accuracy in grading.
- Allow instructors to assess and develop their own strengths.
- Encourage more efficient use of resources at the institutional level.
Researchers and practitioners in educational technology, IT, and the learning sciences will hail the information in Learning Analytics: From Research to Practice as a springboard to new levels of student, instructor, and institutional success
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4614-3305-7
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Humanities, Social Sciences and Law
- Print ISBN 978-1-4614-3304-0
- Online ISBN 978-1-4614-3305-7
Table of Contents
Preparing for Learning Analytics
Learning Analytics for Learning Communities
Learning Analytics for Teachers and Learners